Dont just think the elevated expressway from Silk Board junction to Electronics City. Our city is planning for a few more elevated roads to speeden up movements in and out of the city:
1) Sirsi circle flyover to Outer Ring Road (Kengeri) – 6 km elevated. BBMP got started with this one last week by calling for RFPs (read here on BBMP website, mentions 4 lane elevated corridor).
2) Silk Board junction to Shoolay Circle. BBMP should soon be floating an RFP on this one too. Its a pretty long one, 10.5 kms going by the CTTP (here).
3) Yeshwantpur and Outer Ring Road junction – 5 km elevated. Things seem to be moving on the Nelamangala tollway project (we discussed recently). But it is not clear to me if the 5 km elevated stretch at Yeshwantpur is part of the tollway project.
I look forward to the design of these projects, especially for things like:
– Will there be a direct entry from E-City elevated expressway to the SB – Shoolay elevated road?
– Will these roads be access controlled, or tolled?
– How will these elevated roads ‘integrate’ with the Inner Core Ring Road. If that project (I think ICRR too is elevated) is still on, it could be cool to have these elevated roads connect well with ICRR. You could then traverse most of Bangalore on elevated signal free sections!
– Will these elevated roads have dedicated bus corridors? If no, then how do these roads fit with central government directive that transportation plans must think about people (as in public transport), and not vehicles.
– (linked to above) Without serious pubic transportation angles, how will these investments be justified?
PS: Can’t find old newspaper articles that talked about these three elevated roads back in April. But here is a blog post that reproduced them.
[Cross posted from Praja, comments off]